Thursday, June 21, 2007

We're Selling at the Farmers Market!

She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Proverbs 31:24



She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household...
Proverbs 31:15


These last couple of weeks have been REALLY busy! We've been participating in a couple of local Farmers Markets! The first one was at 9:00 a.m. so we started baking at 4:00 that morning. This past Friday it didn't begin until 3:00 p.m. so we had a bit more time. It was a much larger market, so we still started baking at 5:00 a.m. to be able to bring many more items. As you will see in the pictures, we baked and baked and baked and baked.

The baked goods included ~
Challah Bread
Jalapeño Cheese Bread
Daddy's Favorite Sticky Buns
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


I also had a selection of Aprons and Knitted Baby items. Elizabeth was the one who made those CUTE flip~flops.


We sold out of all of the baked goods within the first couple of hours. (Daddy was sad that there were none left over for him. :-) We had SOOO much fun. We are now getting ready for this Saturday's market.

Here are some of the 'Highlights' of our first two markets:

~~Laura
























10 comments:

Linda said...

Your food looked delicious!! Best of luck with your endeavor!

Leslie said...

The bread looks delicious and I love the aprons.

the Patty family said...

We are starving for REAL AMERICAN bread here in Korea. That looks SO good. I think it looks like could have come out of a shop!
I love the apron you made for me before we left. I has come in handy. Thank you SO MUCH for all the purses!

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

What GREAT items! Keep up the great work! Lynn from Indiana...love to read your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love Homemade Bread. All of the loaves look so good.
The Aprons and Flip Flops look very cute. My dd wears Flip Flops a lot. Even in Winter. Don't know how she does it.

Wishing You Much Success at the Market. Maybe you'll have to make some extra favorites for your Dad, to enjoy.

I love the Farmer's Markets and love reading your blog.

Warmly,
Flassie

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Bethany. I just found your blog today and have really enjyoed reading over your posts! Blessings in your Proverbs 31 adventures!

~Bethany

Audra E. said...

That is so neat!

I have just finished reading your blog all the way through, and you girls amaze me! I knit, scrapbook, and start lots of business ventures (not all work, but at least I've tried!). I also write. You're blog has been quite an inspiration, and I'm glad my aunt shared it with me.

I will definitely be checking back!

God Bless,
Audra Elizabeth

the Patty family said...

안양하새요 블롬 코리아!

위 미스 유.

(the above says "hello from korea! we miss you)

can't wait to see you again! it will be soon!

~Sarah

사랑해요

homespun living said...

Oh, everything looks fabulous!! You girls are so talented and hardworking, I'm sure you will continue to have much success.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm impressed! Great job!